[HacktionLab] General Election and BarnCamp

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Thu Apr 20 09:41:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've been trying to work out why she changed her mind about calling an
election. It all makes sense now!

Cheers,

On 19/04/17 18:58, Mike Harris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Well who would've believed it.  This year, rather than another activist
> camp clashing with BarnCamp, our dearly beloved, non-elected Prime
> Minster has called a General Election for the 8th June; the Thursday of
> BarnCamp.  Obviously this is a classic  move by the Tories to undermine
> BarnCamp.  Such are the low, low depths that they will stoop to.
>
> I thought I'd drop a line to say that I can't really see any way to
> postpone BarnCamp due to the event.  I hope this means that all of you
> coming early can still come and help set-up.
>
> If you don't fancy voting for more of the same, then we can raise a
> finger to the British democratic system together on the Thursday; of
> course you can always decide to have someone proxy vote for you, which
> is what I'm going to have to do (again).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.
>
> --
>
> Mike Harris
> Director
>
> XtreamLab Internet Services Ltd
> w: http://xtreamlab.net
> e: mike.harris at xtreamlab.net
> t: 07811 671 893
> s: adelayde

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403249
f: +44 (0)1865 403346
w: http://newint.org/
k: http://ox4.li/gpgkey/

We are crowdfunding! From 1 March to 6 April you have a unique chance to
become a co-owner of New Internationalist. Buy shares now at:
https://nin.tl/2lPBTWN

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239.

New Internationalist, Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd.,
Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK