[HacktionLab] Updating the wiki | Re: help to get to and from BarnCamp

mark mark at aktivix.org
Sat Jun 3 11:30:09 UTC 2017

TL,DR: trust Ekes, ignore me

On 03/06/17 12:12, ekes wrote:
> On 03/06/17 12:48, mark wrote:
>> I can't follow any of those timetable links; I get an invalid
>> certificate and when I add an exception I get to some unrelated content
>> (screenshot attached). This has been the same since I first looked at it
>> a month ago.
>
> Err. The links are http not https. You shouldn't be getting any
> certificate. Monmouth Council hasn't reached that level of sophistication.

I see evidence that they did once have that level of sophistication ;)

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/atlas/domains/monmouthshire.gov.uk.html

So my lovely torbrowser with https-everywhere plugin re-writes the http
links as httpS for that domain.

I wonder if this is what .gov.uk meant when they said that they were
going to make encryption illegal... using Monmouthshire as a pilot...

Perhaps we can file a bug against the ruleset as an exercise in the git
workshop?

Cheers,
Mark