[HacktionLab] Updating the wiki | Re: help to get to and from BarnCamp

ekes ekes at aktivix.org
Sat Jun 3 11:12:55 UTC 2017

On 03/06/17 12:48, mark wrote:
> I can't follow any of those timetable links; I get an invalid
> certificate and when I add an exception I get to some unrelated content
> (screenshot attached). This has been the same since I first looked at it
> a month ago.

Err. The links are http not https. You shouldn't be getting any
certificate. Monmouth Council hasn't reached that level of sophistication.

> If you're 100% confident that you can see the real bus timetables, could
> you please dump and link some pdfs to the wiki?

The timetables are also available on the websites of the respective bus
companies:-

http://philanslowcoaches.co.uk/bus-services/3706147
(yep no https just old http again)

https://www.natgroup.co.uk/service-area/newport-monmouthshire-gwent
(Woo! We have a bus company that does https, and it's the one that runs
the bus on Sunday, so here's an httpS link to a timetable for Sunday:
 https://www.natgroup.co.uk/sites/www.natgroup.co.uk/files/69%20Chepstow%20-%20Monmouth%20SUNDAY_2.pdf
but then they have a Drupal website so got to be a bit more
sophisticated ;P )

You can also look up the times on https://www.traveline.cymru/
(Traveline managed https too).

But rather not leave something on the wiki that will just get stale;
better link to stuff that might break when it's out of date.