[HacktionLab] Reporting BAMS issues

mark mark at aktivix.org
Wed Jun 14 14:43:00 UTC 2017

Mike Harris:
> Hi All,
>
> If you were a user of BAMS at BarnCamp and had any issues with it, or
> suggestions for new features, changes, or improvements, please open
> issues at https://github.com/mikebharris/BAMS/issues

I've just submitted two feat requests and they've locked my account, so
here they are:

Search on name / email #5

This is a feature request for a change in workflow, so when we're
looking for an attendee who doesn't know their auth code (that's
everyone btw), we don't have to page through the list of all attendees
to find them.

Paging through everyone is tedious, but more importantly, we shouldn't
really be displaying all those details on the console because people
probably don't want every other attendee to see their credentials.

Adding the ability to search on email or realname would make this
unnecessary.

The new workflow could be home screen > F2 to search > enter either
authcode / realname/ email > display matching record or 'no results found'.

This would require a check for collisions in realname / email at the
point of registration

Skip view, go straight to edit #6

There are hardly any situations in which we need to view a record
without editing it, so we can save a step from the flow by going
straight into the 'edit' screen each time a record is accessed.

Cheers,
Mark