[HacktionLab] Drupocalypse v3 Can it ever stop

Kate Dawson k4t at 3msg.es
Thu Apr 26 22:36:15 UTC 2018

Well I only post them here, because there was a some years ago a few
people interested in developing drupal sites (e.g. ttfa.net  (not
drupal now)). It was a critical update, that came out at short notice.

It does seem that some people make reasonable living from building and
maintaining Drupal; and if Drupal sites are maintained and regularly
patched they can make great web applications.

Sadly, I can't build and maintain Drupal (gave up around D5), and the
people I know with Drupal sites don't have the money or time to maintain
and patch them, so it doesn't really work for me!

I'm currently contacting clients with various flavours of unmaintained
Drupals, and giving the ultimatum. Fix it or move on! Fixing involves,
choice of ...

1. Archive and convert to static html
2. Migrate to a wordpress
3. Phone number of a local Drupal developer.

It seems harsh, but... When you've got a webservers, full of ancient PHP5
apps, each on a £5 a month hosting package, sometimes the owners need a
reminder that "cool URI's don't change" isn't the same as deploy and
forget.

Hope that's OK

Kate