[HacktionLab] Anonymous survey tech?

naomi naomi at aktivix.org
Mon Dec 10 15:38:25 UTC 2018

If I read this correctly you want to behave as if the survey is very
sensitive and is in danger of surveillance, and therefore:

1. You don't want the survey answers to be stored in plain text on an
untrusted server (solutions suggested: use PGP email, or use a webform
on a trusted server).

2. You don't want the IP address to be revealed at all, even to you.
(solutions suggested: use email, or use a webform on a server that does
not track IPs).

Also: You want it to be easy for people to use.

PGP email is not easy for people to use, not at all, so if I were you
I'd rule that out.

Paper is not all it seems, either. Does a post office count as an
untrusted server? I think so. Is everyone local? Will you use a drop-off
box? How would you ensure it was not surveilled?

Network23 would fit all your criteria.

/my2p

Naomi