[HacktionLab] Deadline to register for barncamp - FINAL REMINDER

Kate Dawson k4t at 3msg.es
Mon Jun 3 08:24:08 UTC 2019

FYI on registration email

TL;DR  if you use gmail to register for barncamp the registration email
will end up in spam.

Detail
------

Barncamp registration emails are being sent out over IPv6
when possible.

Whilst in theory this is a "good thing", In practice large service
providers  (e.g. gmail) who support IPv6 have much stricter rules on
accepting email, requiring DKIM, SPF and DMARC configuring properly,

Whilst this could also be viewed as a "good thing", meaning that there
will be less spam in our glorious IPv6 universe, it does mean that email
sent that has not jumped through those hoops will get marked as spam.

Recommendation

Set up all the things (DKIM, SPF, DMARC) properly... transactional email
is more complicated than just.. pipe it to your MTA

Kate