[HacktionLab] stock control for a rad bookshop

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Tue Oct 1 12:11:55 UTC 2019

Hi,

Toolswise - Maybe Apache OfBiz - though it might be a little heavyweight
for what you need - https://ofbiz.apache.org/index.html

For the human factor, you have to convince people why they need to use
your thing, and spend quite a lot of time helping them get theri heads
round it in my experience...

Cheers,

On 29/09/2019 16:07, mark wrote:
> Hey hacktionlab,
>
> I've joined a collective which runs a rad bookshop in Durham. I'm
> considering the creation of a stock-control system, as there's nothing
> of the sort in place at the moment.
>
> I got a glimpse of how such things could be done from Protag at the
> Albert Meltzer library in the 1 in 12 club, which was an inspiration.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for free softwares applicable to
> the task, or advice on the human factors in implementing such a thing?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Charlie Harvey
IT Director
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 403249
w: https://newint.org/
k: https://ox4.li/gpgkey/

** Shop with a conscience: https://ethicalshop.org **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. We publish the multi-award winning New Internationalist
magazine, a huge range of books from non-fiction to graphic novels, and
run an ethical mail order business. Learn more at: https://newint.org/about

Incorporated in the UK under no.1005239.

Old Music Hall, 106-108 Cowley Rd., Oxford, OX4 1JE, UK