[HacktionLab] Online document editing software (free (as in beer))?

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Mon Apr 4 11:50:16 UTC 2022

I run both Nextcloud (for personal and will probably be doing the AktiviX one soon(ish)) and Cryptpad. For these purposes Cryptpad wins hands down from my experience. Though the both use OnlyOffice as the backend, the Cryptpad implementation seems a lot snappier and has been pointed out does much more.

Cryptpad is marginally harder to install and self-host but has much better update policies. I am actually doing a reinstall on a different server this afternoon...

r7