[HacktionLab] Online document editing software (free (as in beer))?

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 22:12:55 UTC 2022

Thanks all.  It seems then that it’s a horse race of two.  We have a very nice working well owncloud install, so upgrading to nextcloud seems like unnecessary work.  Cryptpad looks interesting and I like the working demo on the web site.  OnlyOffice seems really complex to set up.  The web page about it did with my tldr impatience! :P. Also there’s a lot about licences for multi-user installs that seemed to imply it would get expensive to use….  Anyone else paying for licences for it, or have I missed something there?

Cheers, and again, thanks for the input.

XtreamLab Internet Services
xtreamlab.net
07811 671 893