[HacktionLab] HacktionLab 2022 June 10, 11, 12 at Todmorden Makery (was Barncamp 2022 OMG?)

Mick mickfuzz23 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:31:53 UTC 2022

Great stuff Ekes and Gareth

On 15/03/2022 01:18, Gareth Coleman wrote:

> I've been catering for a few events recently (60-100) and I'd love to
> be involved in that sort of thing if useful - I've got access to some
> industrial size pots and pans, burners etc...

Catering on Saturday could really be good. It could help cut costs for
people.

Also what about a travel pool fund to for people with high transport costs?

> I wonder if it would be worth giving a shout to Andrew from wuthering
> bytes? They haven't announced anything for this year. I know it's off
> topic but lots of crossover potential - concern might be getting too
> complex too soon. What do others think?

Good idea - I know they have done some really accessible learn how to do
electronics things.

Once we can put the core info on the Hacktionlab wiki we can start to
network beyond this list.

On other news in terms of cutting costs for people who don't want to do
air b and b.

I got some good news from someone quite close to town. This is good as
the cricket club don't seem to do tents now.

hi there - are you doing any small scale camping? I'm doing an event
coming up https://pad.riseup.net/p/hacktionlab-2022
<https://pad.riseup.net/p/hacktionlab-2022?fbclid=IwAR1RhF0HgIaIFYJdkK4DYT6uo9E61kS_3a0JIAereQm73ATpjbKfKAIe1RI>

    Today at 08:10
    08:10

      Phil

Hi Mick
Phil
Yes, I am sure we can do this, we're in the process of setting up things
but will definitely be up and running fully by June, and it;s the kind
of thing we want to support.
Phil
Maybe come up and have a look. We might have 2 caravans to rent, we
definitely have 3 bell tents which could be rented out, plus obviously
the option to bring own tents. I don't think Tod CC do tents now.
Phil
Might also be the option to do stuff onsite?
Phil

Probably best if you pop up and see us, would be great to show you
what's happening anyway.

https://www.avg.com