[HacktionLab] Any talk/workshop suggestions to add?

Micah Micah+HacktionLab at ourmayday.org.uk
Mon Apr 24 03:42:43 UTC 2023

Hello Naomi,

I have been lurking on list but do intend to come to event for Sat at least.

I had idea to ask someone from NYMtech to give a talk, and maybe
practical workshop on it. The trouble is the tools for widespread use
for privacy not yet fully developed , but can try (experimentally) with
Telegram with NYM mixnet is up and running.
I have only just asked on their Telegram channel if anyone up for it, so
see if someone responds.
If not I myself could lead a wider discussion perhaps on the rise and
fall (and subsequent bigger rise and bigger fall) of cryptocurrencies
and is Proof of Work worth saving and harnessing for an overlooked
aspect of internet privacy for all, with NYMTech.
https://nymtech.net/

Or I could go for leading a discussion on the ensuring both privacy and
child protection prompted by the passage of the Online Harms Bill
through parliament at the moment which we will see by June where at.
See: https://www.openrightsgroup.org/

Also of practical use for both privacy & filtering is the offering from
Cloudflare:

https://one.one.one.one/family/

but I would be interested to hear others views on Cloudflare and similar
in their role protecting websites but then positive development of them
under successful pressure withdrawing protection from 8Chan as
facilitator of far right terrorism, which is ongoing saga I had lost
track of and only just looking up where this has gone on writing this.

Feel free to put these on wiki and posters as you see fit, reworked as
you see fit; I will liaise further with you and update as required.

Regards,

Micah

https://j12.org/pgp/pgp.htm