[HacktionLab] Fixfest UK 2023

mark mark at aktivix.org
Fri Aug 11 20:20:56 UTC 2023

Hello people,

I've just heard about an upcoming meeting on 30th September in Cardiff
for community repair organisations. I can't go myself, but I thought
many here would be interested. Tickets from £5.

https://ti.to/the-restart-project/fixfest-uk-2023/en-GB

 From their website:

<<
Fixfest UK 2023 is a gathering for all those involved in community
repair across the UK. We'll meet on the 30th of September 2023 in
Cardiff, where you'll have a chance to lead and join workshops, talks
and hands-on sessions about how we can make repair the norm. Together,
we will explore the following themes:

     Strengthening the UK repair movement
     The Right to Repair in the UK (and beyond)
     Repairing in our communities
     How to repair…

As with past editions, an ‘unconference’ approach will give you the
chance to shape the programme by suggesting topics and running sessions.

Fixfest UK began in 2018 and happens every 2-3 years. This third edition
is being organised by The Restart Project and Repair Cafe Wales in
collaboration with other members of the Community Repair Network.
Fixfest UK 2023 is sponsored by SUEZ recycling and recovery UK.

Cheers,
Mark