[HacktionLab] virtual picket line technologies?

Ember Burns em at nvcdojo.org
Tue Jan 31 15:46:49 UTC 2023

It looks like the strategy is online rally rather than online picket.

Just incase interested people are not already aware, copied from today's UCU mailout.

in solidarity, ember.

Tomorrow (Wednesday 1 February), 500,000 workers go on strike across the United Kingdom.

Ahead of this day, the Enough is Enough campaign will be hosting a LIVE online solidarity rally tonight (Tuesday 31 January) at 19:30 with all of the unions taking strike action--UCU, RMT, ASLEF, NEU and PCS.

UCU general secretary Jo Grady will be speaking alongside the leaders from other unions.

Set a reminder and watch the rally LIVE via UCU's YouTube feed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI2KXnDRBto

In solidarity

Simon Foster
UCU head of campaigns