[HacktionLab] Some workshop ideas written up

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Thu Jun 22 11:43:52 UTC 2023

Hi there,

I want to echo the praise for the weekend and the organisers.

  I really enjoyed it . :)

Let's share useful docs on unconferences.

This one seems good.
https://20bedfordway.com/news/how-to-run-an-unconference/

My personal additions would be something like...

- keep nudging people to share ideas - even tentative - in the week
before the event
- have different sizes of post it notes / slips - to indicate duration /
scope of proposal
- print off descriptions from the wiki to help people decide with more
detail what they want to go to
- have as big a space as possible for slots to - encouraging
collaborating on a session
- experiment with different streams in different rooms, some very
technical, some more political / non-exclusive tech, some totally
different (especially outside)
- don't worry too much about how many people will go to each one or
clashes, have decisions around huddles that you can pull workshop
facilitators into

nice one
Mick