[HacktionLab] Some workshop ideas written up

Cat quechua at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:06:12 UTC 2023

Hi all

Some late feedback on Hacktionlab :-)  Thanks to every one involved in
putting it on! I met some new people and it was great to exchange ideas.

However, I'm not super sure that the fluid unconference style worked as
well as it could have done. I can see the format working well for an event
where all attendees will definitely be on site from the start to the end of
the event, but it didn't work so well within a city. I'd originally planned
to do a talk collaboratively with a friend who wasn't able to spare the
whole weekend, but as the timeslot kept changing, he wasn't able to make
it. I also had friends within the city who wanted to come and see my talks,
but couldn't for the same reason.

I'd be interested to hear what the list sees as specific benefits of the
unconference format over a more stable format.

Thanks
Cat