[HacktionLab] Hi to new folks, and recap of basic info

Naomi naomi at aktivix.org
Thu Mar 2 11:52:52 UTC 2023

Hi,

I know some new people have joined the list and might have missed stuff,
so here's the basics:

If you have an idea for a talk or workshop, either post it to this list
for discussion, or add it to the wiki here
https://hacktionlab.org/index.php?title=Workshops_for_HacktionLab_Summer_2023
(email me if you want an account creating so you can do that) - or both...

If you know other people who might like to come, please let them know
about it! If they could join this mailing list (signup here
https://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/hacktionlab) that would be
great, but if they aren't keen to do that they can just email
sheffield2023 at hacktionlab.org to register their interest.

There will be catering so we are keen to know of numbers in advance, so
please ask people to get in touch one way or another if they would like
to come, even if it's not a firm commitment, just to give us a rough idea.

Accommodation is limited to people's spare rooms and floors and perhaps
a local housing co-op, so if you and/or your friends will need
accommodation, especially if that needs to be an actual bed, please let
us know ASAP to avoid disappointment. We are keen to have plenty of
attendees but it is going to require some planning so please help us out
by giving us plenty of notice.

For more info, see https://hacktionlab.org

Happy hacking everyone!
Naomi