[HacktionLab] Kit and Facilities for June

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Sat May 6 12:43:30 UTC 2023

I don't have a load of kit any longer as I got rid of it all.

1. But will grab two or three four ways I have in my house (and a 12-way
- yes!).

2. I did have a big projector screen that might be somewhere @Charlie:
any ideas whether it still lives with the move of the OARC kit?

3. I have a set of a projector and speakers, as well as the audio kit
for the streaming set-up that Nick and I have been looking for.

4. Good question: is there sufficient crockery and cutlery etc? And tea
and coffee etc?

5. One thing we discussed on Signal @Gareth was whether the rooms are
sufficiently dark for projections and/or a decent TV screen? If they are
not, then we'll need a way of blanking out the windows, which, if it's
not curtains, then flip-chart paper and blu-tack would do it methinks.

On 06/05/2023 03:21, jcsheffield at myphone.coop wrote:

> Hi list, but mainly @Gareth,
>
> Re practical stuff, It would be best if we avoid sending someone out
> to B&Q on Day 1, so just wondering how I can help:
>

> 1. I think I could bring maybe half a dozen 4-way mains power sockets
> (Access Space must have a batch they'd lend us?)
>
> 2. I might have an old screen I could bring.
>
> 3. I guess if additional projector/screen is needed, maybe Access
> Space might lend theirs - maybe for a tiny fee?
>
> (If so, Gareth, could you please approach Jake?)
>
> 4. Is there anything else? extra chairs or stuff like coffee machine
> or whatever needed?
>
> Regards,
>

> On 04/05/2023 12:21, Gareth Coleman wrote:
>> Sorry for delay, got to spam folder - are you still daring to run
>> your own mail server perchance?
>>
>> We don't have any projectors or speakers available, there is a 40 or
>> so inch LCD screen in the smaller room we can use.
>>
>> The house doesn't have many sockets and also each ring is 20A, spread
>> across rooms, so we have to be careful. Heaters in the winter cause
>> problems, but laptops prob less so.
>>
>> We don't have any screens for projectors either.
>>
>> We've got a fair stash of cables and power adaptors, 4 ways etc but
>> for such an event as hacktionlab could do with another 20 or so!
>>
>> We have a small stock of paper and pens but should arrange for more
>> if needed...

>> On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 at 21:02, Mike Harris <mike at mbharris.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi list, but mainly @Gareth,
>>
>>     What are the facilities at Abbeyfield house?  I know there are two
>>     spaces with tables and chairs.  Do we want both of them for
>>     presentations involving projectors and sound?  What do we have in
>>     terms of:
>>
>>     * Projectors
>>     * Speakers
>>     * Plug sockets / extension multi-gangs / reels
>>     * Things to project onto
>>     * Things to connect shit up with (HDMI cables etc)
>>     * Paper (do we need flip-charts, pens, etc)?
>>
>>     I have a projector and speakers along with a couple of HDMI
>>     cables and
>>     some audio cables.
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>
>>     Mike.