[HacktionLab] Remote talks this year: your thoughts please...

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Wed May 17 00:30:38 UTC 2023

Hi All,

For this June's event in Sheffield, we have at least one remote talk
(Jay's) which will beam into the 'stream-enabled' room (see my other
thread on Nick and my work on this).

We'll need to schedule this in to work with Jay and any other possible
remote speakers.

In the past, for most events, we've built the schedule on the fly, but
obviously we'll need to allocate a specific slot for the remote
speakers.  I suggest ideally a block of time to make this
straight-forward, rather than swapping between on- and off-site multiple
times.

Questions then:

1) Is anyone aware of any other remote sessions?  If so, can you let
this list know please.  Thanks.

2) I know that Saturday afternoon was a stretch for Jay, so I am
thinking that we perhaps make this Sunday morning.

3) For some events we have produced a fixed schedule (such as the Oxford
Tech Tactics event in  2017, and some older HacktionLabs). As we've
widely publicised this event in Sheffield, maybe a fixed, published
schedule might be appropriate for this.  Any thoughts? (Especially
interested in @Mick and @Clara's thoughts on this one, as they've oft
been the ones who have 'worked' the schedules into order).

---
Mike Harris

Email: mike at mbharris.co.uk
Web: https://mbharris.co.uk . https://xtreamlabnet . https://elsevier.com