[HacktionLab] recommended coding editor for new coders?

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Mon May 6 10:59:26 UTC 2024

Hi there,

I just donated to Pulsar Edit as I've been using it for about a year
now. I still like to chip in to open source.

It's a community replacement for Atom which was sunsetted by microsoft
after they got github.

There's a blog post about what someone likes about it here. I wonder if
people agree with this take or if there are issues with it.

https://optimizedbyotto.com/post/pulsar-best-text-file-and-code-editor/

I like it as a relatively friendly way to interface code project with
git repos.

As well as a personal tool, it would be what I used to get people stared
with web dev.

But I wanted to ask other people. if you were going to teach someone how
to get started with web dev -  What tools / editors would you use and why?

nice one
Mick