[HANDgreenteam] HAND Green Team - Upcoming and Ongoing

Ethan ethan at handpdx.org
Tue May 12 20:40:47 BST 2009

*HAND Green Team - Newsletter of upcoming events and gatherings

May 14: Understanding Sustainability*
5PM @ 1909 SW 6th Ave. or 6:30PM at 710 SW Jackson Street (Native Center)

At our last gathering we discussed meeting again this Thursday, May 14. This
is also the beginning of PSU's Understanding Sustainability conference, an
important discussion brought to us by The Portland Center for Public
Humanities. Let's meet before Carolyn Merchant's keynote address at Hotlips
at 1909 SW 6th Ave. at 5PM to talk about what we've got going on that
dovetails with our neighbors goals and dreams.

*May 17: Sail Transport*
12-2 PM “The Sail Transport Network and Other Tools for Sustainability” at
City Repair HQ (3125 E. Burnside St.)

With 2 miles of coastline, HAND should really begin to understand how river
transport fits into a sustainable transportation future. As part of City
Repair's workshop series, Jan Lundberg, of the Sail Transport Network will
be discussing alternative transport: boats, bikes, horses, canoes, land use,
and a look into future scenarios that may or may not have any cars or
trains.
*
Ongoing: NW Earth Institute*

NW Earth Institute courses are a great way to learn more about
Sustainability and to build community. If you want to start a discussion
group, please contact me at ethan at handpdx.org with any
questions+suggestions, or visit http://www.nwei.org/ to see course listings
and descriptions.

--