[HANDgreenteam] HOS Event: Fruit Propagation Fair (Scion Exchange)

ethan ethan at handpdx.org
Fri Feb 26 04:00:55 UTC 2010

*HOS Event: Fruit Propagation Fair (Scion Exchange)*
Saturday, March 6th, 10am-4pm, at the Washington County Fairgrounds,
Hillsboro, Oregon.

Got Trees? We do! Make your home orchard and garden a unique landscape! By
mixing and matching the scions (the part of the tree that determines the
fruit) and rootstock (the part of the tree that controls the size and growth
characteristics of the tree) the possibilities are endless. We have hundreds
of varieties of delicious apples, peaches, pears, Asian pears, plums and
more, including many types that are rare or heirloom, for you to choose
from.

The hundreds of scions & cuttings are free from HOS members. Rootstock is
available at a nominal cost. HOS volunteers will be there to show you how to
graft trees yourself and give you expert advice. For a small charge, you can
choose the rootstock and scion you want to use to “Make-a-Tree:” create
exactly the kind of tree you want, and someone will graft it for you.
Berries and other edible garden plants will be available for sale.

What are you waiting for? See you at the Fruit Propagation Fair!

*Admission:*
Become a Home Orchard Society member at the show and get in free!
HOS Members: $4/person, $8/family
Others: $6/person, $10/family

More information (including directions) available at
http://www.homeorchardsociety.org/scion_exchange/<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?HomeOrchardSociety/305efe6246/3f399ae6ec/f6145f4963>