[imc-uk-emergency] MIR migration / site launch

ionnek ionnek at gmx.net
Thu Apr 10 14:17:42 BST 2003

MIR MIGRATION AND SITE LAUNCH
notes from meeting in london wed 9th april

Still lots to do, discuss and sort but migration is on track for target
date of May 1st.
However, it would be madness to launch such a new site and system just
before or on the day of big actions and marches. Thus it is proposed to
announce it on May 1st as part of imc uk 3rd anniversary - as a soft launch
- to go live then in next couple of weeks. The current test site is at:
http://uktest.indymedia.de

Communication about the MIR project:

A start has been made in setting up a twiki collaborative space for working
on documents, texts, timeline etc for the MIR move:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/MovingToMir

A to do list will be created soon as there are several tasks and
discussions to be had with the network of people and groups involved in the
move to MIR.

There is a proposal that network groups are contacted for feedback and
discussion.

An irc meeting is then proposed for next tuesday 15th april at 8pm channel
#uk

It is also proposed that we can use the newswire of the testsite to collect
feedback and archive discussions as we get used to the site.

Things to do:

Agreeing categories and classifications
Part of this includes a discussion on if we want to use categories like
News - Analysis - Opinion etc

We need to update some of the texts on the uk site (about us...) to take
into account the network.

We need to sort out graphics and layout of main pages and of local sections.

We need to become familiar with admin and train people.

We also need to write up stuff to explain the changes to the users of the
site :)