[LAF] Re Dates etc Oct

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Mon Aug 22 15:49:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 12:01:42PM +0100, LONDON EVENTS wrote:

> This list is driving me mad
> sometimes posts appear in an instant, sometimes longe some dont appear
> I am posting this again just in case as |I have to log off soon

In my experience aktivix lists are extremely reliable. The full
headers of the post I am replying to indicate that it took 3
seconds to be processed by the list server after being received
from web25602.mail.ukl.yahoo.com and then another 9 seconds to
reach my own inbox.

Any delays you are experiencing are more likely to be due to
messages getting held up on Yahoo! servers - either your outgoing
messages, in which everyone on the list would see the delay, or
more likely the incoming message when the list server sends you
your copy. If you are seeing failures rather than delays then it
could be that the messages in question never even reached the
aktivix server.

You can always check to see which messages have reached and been
accepted by the server by looking at the list archive:

http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/laf/

Ian

--
Ian Gregory