[LAF] ...each day one step closer to social revolution...

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 22:11:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 01:43:00PM -0700, justin wrote:

> another point, which is very important, and raised
> by an LAF person, is that we don't have a proper
> concensus orientated structure within LAF
> - something we really should sort out, as we
> are meant be be an anarchist discussion group after all!

It is a thorny issue. I recall that some of us discussed
the issue of scheduling meetings at a meeting at Freedom.

Should we have a regular meeting schedule? And what is
meant by regular? It could be for example:

Every Saturday
Every second Saturday
First and third Saturday of the month
First Saturday and third Sunday
10th and 25th day of the month
etc

All have advantages and disadvantages.
We would have to decide a general "scheme" and specific "parameters".
Concensus decision making via email list is a nightmare!!

I am attracted to the simplicity of a system where those
present at a meeting are responsible for organising the
next one and announcing it to the list. If that is too short
notice then the first meeting fixes the next two meetings
and after that each meeting just confirms the next one and
organises the one after that.

I don't have any concrete proposals though, and I am always
busy so probably won't be a regular attendee whatever the
schedule.

It would be nice to have regular informal/social meetings,
like a particular bar/pub/cafe same time and place every
week for anyone who happened to show up.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/