[LAF] defend the Bauen Hotel Please Fwd

LONDON EVENTS londonevents2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:44:36 UTC 2005

URGENT!
Please send email below immediately to any and all
lists worldwide!
While all of the attention is on Bush in Mar de Plata,
cynical politicians in Buenos Aires are taking aim at
the worker-run hotel that is the informal meeting
place for the whole movement of recovered companies in
Argentina....

(Versión castellano abajo)
Dear Friends:
We write to ask for your help in carrying out a
campaign to defend the Bauen Hotel, recuperated by its
workers in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  In the last few
months, these 120 men and women have been experiencing
real
harassment from judges and police.  Just today, a bill
was introduced in favor of the former owner, taking
advantage of the fact that legislators who are
sympathetic to the workers' cause, as well as all the
social movements are in Mar del Plata to protest
Bush's visit and the Summit of the Americas.

As you already know, the Bauen Hotel is not just any
hotel.  It is a space that is always open and
available in solidarity for social movements.  Located
in the middle of the downtown of the country's
capitol, it has become a symbol and a strategic point
of convergence for whoever needs a space to organize
campaigns, hold meetings, weave networks, etc.

So, we ask you to mount an international campaign in
defense of the Bauen Hotel.  In a country where
justice is not independent, we believe that the most
effective action is to send an email to those who can
do
something quickly and concretely so that these
families can work in peace.

Mr. President, Nestor Kirchner

privada at presidencia.gov.ar
<mailto:privada at presidencia.gov.ar>

Mr. Minister of the Interior, Anibal Fernandez

anibalfernandez at infovia.com.ar
<mailto:anibalfernandez at infovia.com.ar>

Visit The Events And Issues Website
for LAF page and lots more
http://www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com/

BOYCOTT NESTLE
www.babymilkaction.org.

Check Out Events At Conway Hall
www.conwayhall.org.uk/events.htm

Free John Graham see Events and Issues Site