[LAF] Re: [FreedomAnarchistFortnightly] LAF BLAKE TALK 24th Sep LAST REMINDER

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 03:27:09 UTC 2005

Trapovska <trapovska at btinternet.com> wrote:

> apparently Blake has been accused of all sorts of things. So I shall come
> and learn! Also there is a Stop The War demo that day. As usual they
> don't want anyone to go so have not advertised the fact! Maybe we could
> take it in afterwards as the rally is at Trafalgar Square at 6.00

There is a STWC [March for Peace & Liberty][1] which they claim
to be advertising ("Coaches are being booked from around the
country and in London there is daily leafleting and postering
to mobilise for the march"). They are calling on people to
assemble at Noon in Parliament Square for a march to Hyde Park.

So the rally will be in Hyde Park, not Trafalgar Square, and I
expect it to be a good deal earlier than 6pm. I will go along
to Parliament Square for the start and then slope off for Steve's
talk.

I know there is a widespread disillusionment with "marching from
A to B" but at least it gets you out in the fresh air and is an
opportunity to mingle with other "activists". It doesn't really
matter whether you support the STWC demand for withdrawl of UK
troops or not. With a little imagination it can be a fun day out,
specially if you have a louder soundsystem than the organisers:-)

Ian

[1]: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/new/events/national/index.htm

--
Ian Gregory