[LAF] Blake, ID and the Apocalypse

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Fri Feb 10 22:47:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:10:34PM +0000, Joy Wood wrote:

> Well Ian I just don't geddit about Tthe Church of the SubGenius.

I am sure that the SubGenii would be pleased to hear that!

According to Wikipedia:

> The Church of the SubGenius is a satirical postmodern parody
> religion, originally based in Dallas, Texas, which gained
> popularity in the 1980s and 1990s subculture, with a large
> presence on the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius

It is usually put in the same category as Discordianism, with
which I am slightly more familiar. Many of the sysadmins who
run the core Internet routers, root name servers etc use the
Discordian date system and Discordian quotes in their emails,
which has lead people to claim that the Internet is controlled
by Discordians.

I once almost went to a SubGenius "devival" at the Foundry
on Great Eastern Street but I was too tired to make it into
London that day.

By the way, I am going out to Wales tomorrow to plant trees for
two weeks so I will not be around for meetings.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/