[LAF] Events & Issue No 105 : Dawkins Publisher Faces Jail In Turkey /Comment /NESTLE BOYCOTT

EDMUND MCARTHUR antines at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 13:48:41 UTC 2007

Dawkins' publisher faces jail over 'atheist manifesto'
By Nicholas Birch in Istanbul
Published: 30 November 2007

  http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article3209882.ece
  If you have problems with this link set me know and I will send you the text    Ed

  COMMENT

  We must  of course defend  Erol Karaaslan wiith all our might  but
  So much For Turkey the "Secular State" .  You cannot have secularism from above,
  there has to be education  so you have a secular state of civil society rather than a secular state,  other wise you are always going to have religion bubbling below,.

    It  is  folly to support a military dictatorship with
  a record of    mear genocide against the Kurds  just because it claims to be secular
  or to support the fascist inspired law in France that bans the wearing of all religious symbols in schools  but was only really intended to target Muslins and pander to the Front National

  The United states is by its constitution the most secular state in the world
  but one of the most religiois in terms of   Civil Society

  Too many secularlist behave like the religious fanatic they claim to hate

  They have the same mind set perhaps because they come from a religious background
  they are intolarant sometimes more so than some religious people I know
  They also seem to have r replaced God with the state
  What folly indeed
  EMcA
  4000 Babies die from unsafe bottle feeding every day

  BOYCOTT  NERSTLE AND LET NESTLE KNOW

  At this time of year I always write to Nestle UK  to remind
  to remind them of my support for the Boycott.
  I invite readers to go to
  www.babymilkaction.org
  and then join the boycott if you have not already done so
  and in either case to write to
  Nestle  UK,  Croydon , Surrey
  (or the National or / Regional Head Office if you live out side the UK)
  to inform them of your support
  Please foward this to others
  My aim mis to generate 230,000 letters to Nestle UK alone
  by the end of December,

   I have no way of knowing
  if this target is met but if everyone who receives  this bulletin writes to
  Nestle and then fowards it to 10 others who write and do the same
  ietc it should be vey easy
  Events In December
    2 – Public meeting: Stand up for your freedom to protest! Gordon Brown plans to extend the restrictions on demonstrations near parliament to cover the whole country, claiming that this will simplify the work of the police. The freedom to protest was won through hard struggle and if we want to keep it we must take a stand to say enough is enough. A public meeting to plan a response. 2-4pm at Room H102, Connaught House, London School of Economics, Houghton St, London WC2 (Temple tube). www.stateofemergency.org.uk
  , St Aldates.

  6 - Booksale for Amnesty: all books £1 - Brand new remainder stock plus old and decorative warehouse clearance in all subjects. Amnesty Christmas cards & wrap, diaries, calendars. 11am-7pm at Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL. nearest tube: Holborn. For info: 07771 888825
  7 - Anti-Guantanamo Bay Protest outside US Embassy, Grosvenor Square, Mayfair, W1 (nearest tube: Marble Arch) every Friday, 6-7pm. Organised by the London Guantanamo Campaign. Tel 07824 386 747 email london_gitmo at yahoo.co.uk.

  NB  This is an ongoing protest every friday  please inform others

  Reminder
  SPES EVENTS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
  www.ethicalsoc.org.uk/events.html
  Sat 15th Dec World Fair at Conway Hall