[LAF] All Gender Group - November 30th meeting

Volodya Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Mon Dec 1 09:56:14 UTC 2008

All Gender Group's November 30th meeting has taken place as scheduled and have
at least a vague idea now where we are going with the group, as one of the main
reasons for this meeting was to come up with ideas as to what we want to do in
the future. The general agreement was that although activism can be present in
the discussion and activist events should be announced at the meeting, the group
itself should be primarily discussion and workshop based. As far as i could
sense people wanted to discuss more current events and other relevant
philosophies and questions rather than look at the past trends in feminist
movement. For the detailed description please see the e-mail that should be
circulated via the e-mail list later.

At this meeting we went back to having a short small group discussion about our
feelings at the moment and in general as well as about any encounters with
sexism and other gender oppression in our lives. Personally hitting on the
subject of sexist humour has really got my attention, but there isn't much i can
talk about in this e-mail in relation to that. Some people felt that we should
make it more clear that we will be discussing personal issues in the beginning
of the group's meetings, as that might turn some people off if they show up and
find themselves on the spot having to share something, which they don't want to
discuss. However, the majority of the group did feel that it was a good part of
the group and have enjoyed it.

The theme of the meeting was homophobia. Unfortunately i must say that we had
not enough time and not enough people to discuss the issue in any detail. I
really hope that we will revisit the issue at some later stage and i would be
really interested in having different perspectives on it aired.

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin