[LAF] [Fwd: (en) Britain, London, Whitechapel Anarchist Group - Free Sheet Issue 1 (2) Available December 7th!!]

Echo of Freedom EchoOfFreedom at riseup.net
Mon Dec 1 10:43:06 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Following on from our second public meeting and a hand full of other newspaper
meetings the date of Sunday December 7th has been set to launch our first ever
local free sheet. The paper is almost complete with articles covering everything
from the BNP, signing on, food haggling, squatting and housing, olympics,
gentrification and a preposed radical history pub crawl for the 31st January!
All is on track to be with our local printers Aldgate Press at the end of the
week. It was decided at the public meeting that we will also set up a stall for
our launch. As well as the free sheet we will also be selling books from Freedom
Bookshop. See you on the 7th down Bricklane, the Bethnal Green Road end, from
11am onwards.

Hitting the streets of Whitechapel from December 7th onwards!! Our first issue
will be launched at 11am on Bricklane, the Bethnal Green Road end, with our very
own stall! It is A3 in size, or one big sheet of A2 folded to be more precise,
printed in Black and White on recycled paper by our local printers Aldgate Press.

Middle pages include articles on rising food prices/price reduction scheme,
housing/squatting in local area, police bullying of “illegal” market traders,
the banality of signing on and it’s media generated stigma, BNP watch keeping an
eye on the local fascists, credit crunch/canceling of christmas, repression of
anti-fur campaign on the lane, a little bit of local history on the food riots
of 1768, the forthcoming Olympics and the general  increase of gentrification we
experience in Whitechapel on a day to day basis.

The Back Page includes the film listings for our Sunday Cinema Cafe as well as
our Radical History Pub Crawl happening on Saturday 31st January at 5pm.
Beginning in Bethnal Green, join us for the experience of retracing the local
history from the Krays, fighting fascists, Jack the Ripper, Siege of Sidney
Street, Itchycoo park to the Jubilee Street Club, and support traditional local
boozers!!

The Free Sheet will also be available from L.A.R.C (London Action Resource
Centre), 62 Fieldgate Street Whitechapel E1 1ES, and Freedom Press Bookshop, 84b
Angel Alley Whitechapel - which has also recently just moved downstairs so check
it out!!

We will  be on Bricklane every Sunday handing it out, roughly at the Bethnal
Green Road end, and it will be launched SUNDAY 7TH DECEMBER with our own stall
from 11am. So come down for the launch. Also on the 7th we will be showing a
double bill of films, a local special with “The Siege Of Sidney Street” and “The
Elephant Man” from 2pm onwards at L.A.R.C.

Apologies to everyone who asked for PDF’s of the launch free sheet, as yet this
technology is slightly out of our hands, but if you would like hard copies of
the new Free Sheet then please send a S.A.E (With postage on please!) to WAG c/o
L.A.R.C (London Action Resource Centre) 62 Fieldgate Street, Whitechapel,
London, E1 1ES.

Our next Public Meeting will be at 7:30pm Thursday 15th January also at L.A.R.C
(Address above). So please come along. All welcome.