[LAF] BDSM, a liberty too far?

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:52:22 UTC 2008

What struck me the most was the way BDSM participants use communication and pay attention to each other to continually check with each other if they're all happy with the situation.  MAYBE THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO DANGEROUS - that is not the way mainstream society carries on atall atall, let alone in their sex lives.  If mainstream society employed communication and consideration of other people there would be minimal rape and, when rape did occur, society would admit that violence was happening and not put rape under the same heading as mainstream sex and simply dismiss it as normal intercourse.  Normal it might be in today's society but I'd like to see everyone learning from the BDSM community and individuals, instead of acting like most non-BDSM people do who enter sexual encounters without negotiating first and with assumptions that if they get off on something then their potential partner(s) must also get off on that same thing unless of course there's something wrong with them.  Mainstream sexuality as it is at the moment should be outlawed or banned, not BDSM, until the mainstreamers get their act together.