[LAF] FW: gender issue

Ed McArthur antines at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 17:04:55 UTC 2009

I don't deny that women pay for sexual services as well,  I suspect this is at the higher end of the market. not many desperate men selling themselves to predatory women

 I don't recall meeting any women who have the same sexist attitudes to men as most men have to Women - I think I can honestly say that it is most men I have met
and most I hear talking on the media.  They are not all unpleasant people, but there is definitely  an attitude that sees women only in sexual terms

My point is that the whole sex industry stems from this attitude
and I don't think we can wait for another million years of social evolution

As things stand prostitution (selling sex for money)  is not illegal
soliciting is as is pimping and living off immoral earnings

If the customes were targeted it would be more of a deterrent than
anything else, the pimps tend to be violent nasty men who would certainly
not put up with one of "their girls"  deciding to quit

My objections to legalisation  were stated in the previous post
It might make things better for some, but would mean more women
going into prostitution and perpetuate the attitudes that under pin the sex industry

I am NOT on a moral crusade against prostitutes, or illicit sex far from it
but legalisation or sanatiation is not about sexual freedom as Joy has pointed out more than once (I don't incidentally accept  that there is  even  one good point in all of Judeo-Christian Morality)

As for Drugs yes certainly all the people you say benefit from the War Against Drugs
but legalisation would put them in the hands of the drug or tobacco industry
decriminalisation seems a better option

 Ed

Ed McArthur   07981  900  563

www.eventsandissues.bravehost.com