[LAF] Final Sex work Blurb

VolodyA! V Anarhist Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Wed Aug 5 08:50:19 UTC 2009

steve ash wrote:
> One of our speakers prefers this version, I agree its better but I think content is more or less same before
>
> Sex Work from an Anarchist Perspective
>
> Sex work is a controversial subject on which everyone has an opinion. Is all Sex Work degrading and exploitative or can it under some circumstances be empowering? Do criminalisation, lack of rights and social stigma cause many of the problems associated with the sex industry?  In an anarchist society, would people exchange sex for money or would prostitution and pornography be abolished? Who decides? The LAF presents a debate on this controversial subject initiated by a panel of speakers from various perspectives and followed by an open facilitated debate. All views are welcome as long as they are prepared to listen and reason.

I really like 'Who decides?' part. But this reads slightly less neutral and more
pro-sex-worker (which i personally have no problem with, but i don't want
somebody to have grounds to accuse us of advertising in a prejudicial (i.e.
judging before the discussion) way).

                     - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/       Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://eng.anarchopedia.org/     Anarchopedia, A Free Knowledge Portal

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin