[LAF] re Blurb

VolodyA! V Anarhist Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Sat Aug 8 22:42:48 UTC 2009

Ian Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 09:22:36PM +0000, steve ash wrote:
>
>> I know what you mean about sounding 'more biased', however at the
>> moment we only have speakers on the 'pro-sex-work' side as the
>> 'anti-sex-work' crew are so far refusing to debate.
>
> That is a shame, because there are good arguments on both sides and it
> could be a very intersting debate (provided it doesn't degenerate into a
> shouting match!). Hopefully there will be people in the audience who
> will take on the 'pro-sex-work' speaker(s).
>
> Ian

The more i am thinking about it, the more i am convinced that what will happen
is that people will turn up only for the reason to be disruptive. And i really
don't see the point of having 'a panel of one', that would still polarise the
issue (you either agree with the speaker or disagree).

I think that we can actually do something more provacative, start advertising
with something like "Is there anybody who claims to be both an anarchist and an
anti-prostitution activist? LAF cannot find a single person to take
anti-prostitution side of the open debate for the bookfair." In the perfect
world i would hope that the only people who'd respond would be people who oppose
to prostitution on the grounds of anti-capitalism, but regardless that would be
good for us.

                          - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://www.freedomporn.org/    Freedom Porn, anarchist and activist smut

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin