[LAF] [allgendergroup] Demonising Desire: Men Who Buy Sex and Prostitution Policy in the United Kingdom

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:27:26 UTC 2009

Volodya

Just a technical point:  the title "Demonising Desire:  Men Who Buy Sex and Prostitution Policy in the United Kingdom" is a gross misnomer.  How can it be possible to demonise desire when a law has not been made against sexual desire but against using human beings as living spittoons.  Furthermore, even if the law *were* against sexual desire, which it isn't, the whole existence of the sexual desire of the (mostly) women who are prostituted has been completely negated.  No-one appears to give a toss (pun intended, even though I believe it to be no laughing matter) about the sexual desires of the women who are prostituted.  In the title of this article it does not exist, is not worthy of any consideration, nor is it of any importance.  The only sexual desire which is acknowledged is that of the person who pays to relieve themselves at another person's expense.  Oh, and their 'right' to do so.  In an echo of what I said in an earlier post today, you might as well cry over the rights of a slave owner to own their very own slave and say that anyone who is anti-slavery seeks to demonise the desire of the slave owner to lord it over another human being and make use of them.

Joy