[LAF] anarcha-feminism

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 17:31:27 UTC 2009

Vol, yep, I'm very Goldman influenced too, but don't forget she was a Nietzschean Individualist Anarchist as much as a Communist, so I suspect
if she were alive today (given the collapse of Communism and other developments) she would agree with much of my definition (though hopefully not all of it, least it become an ideology!!). You might be misinterpreting what I'm saying though of course... I was just giving a statement of a rational non-ideological anarcha-feminism in my own judgement, not speaking for anyone else's ideas (how can anyone?) I never add 'IMO', as I take that as read, how can it be anything else? There's also a strong Neo-Marxian aspect to it as well. I agree there is also vague collision of anarchism and feminism generally called anarcha-feminism though, but it has no theory and is too disparate to be a movement.

I agree with most of the rest of your post tho. :)

To Sarah the Troll, I would simply state I can't be a misogynist as I don't recognise a universalised gender or acknowledge the category 'woman', I treat everyone I meet as an individual not a stereotype and judge them on that basis. This is actually how most people naturally relate to each other, unfortunately most of them regard sex workers as 'sluts', and their sisters, mothers and gfs as not, but carry on using sex workers of course. So I don't see any negative effect on 'women-as-a-whole' out there, just bigotry against sex workers.