[LAF] anarcha-feminism

Joy Wood joy_helbin at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 23:26:42 UTC 2009

> To Sarah the Troll, I would simply state I can't be a misogynist as I don't recognise a universalised gender or acknowledge the category 'woman', I treat everyone I meet as an individual not a stereotype and judge them on that basis. This is actually how most people naturally relate to each other, unfortunately most of them regard sex workers as 'sluts', and their sisters, mothers and gfs as not, but carry on using sex workers of course. So I don't see any negative effect on 'women-as-a-whole' out there, just bigotry against sex workers.

"Sarah the Troll" - this is a personal insult, and hence harassment, not an argument.  No-one should have to put up with it.  Stop harassing women.

As for you saying you treat people as individuals this is clearly not the case.  Sarah, Ed and I have similar views on matters of prostitution and we have stated them on this elist yet your attitude towards Ed is one of amused joshing, eg Ed is "naive" or "confused" this is markedly different from your blatant insults to women as being "feminazi" or "troll" which is no response to the argument at all but only an attempt to dismiss / invisiblise the real issue.  Your comment about "bigotry against sex workers" attempts to change the agenda of working against prostitution to instead a fabricated 'cat-fight' between imaginary enemies where, according to you, in one corner is a female sex worker and in the other is a feminazi bigot or, to use Volodya's preferred term, an 'anti-sex' antagonist.