[LAF] Владимир Авраамович Макарьянц

Volodya Volodya at WhenGendarmeSleeps.org
Thu Dec 29 15:31:45 UTC 2016

Ok, i have found another interesting individual, whose life i can tell in some
imporant dates.

The person's name is Vladimir Avraamovich (or possibly Abramovich) Makaryancz.
He was born in 1909 in Moscow, and at the age of 20 (in 1929) he was already
beig deported to Ural mountains for "participation in anarcho-underground
activities", the length of the deportation as 3 years and by the end he was sent
to Tobolsk. After the sentence was spent he started to work in the wine factory,
but in February 1934 he is arrested again, he starts the hunger strike while in
custody and is released from holding. In July 1935, however, he does receive a 5
year labour camp sentence for "illegal counter-revolutionary anarchist activities".

I am somewhat unsure exactly what happens, but in 1936 we find Vladimir working
as a literator, economist, and conjucturist in a factory in Kursk. His arrest
records on 14th of September 1936 mention just that. He is again sentenced for
being a counter-revolutionary (popular in those times article 58-10 of criminal
code of USSR). NKVD again sentences him to 5 years of labour camps. This time
around we do know, that he is serving his hard time, because in 1938 he is
taking part in the collective hunger strike in Solovki (the islands in the
northern part of Leningradskaya oblast, notorious for being used as the prison
colony). NKVD arrests him inside the prison camp on 14th of February 1938,
charges him with "counter-revolutionary agitation among the prison population"
and on the 17th he is already executed, later buried on those same cold northern
islands.

https://www.geni.com/people/Владимир-Макарьянц/6000000042921119125

For other anarchists see
https://www.geni.com/projects/Anarchy-Anarchism-and-Anarchists/34824

P.S. Keep the struggle going, and don't forget to support the political and
politicised prisoners.