[matilda] Use of Identifiable names in archives

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 02:52:01 BST 2005

No, Chris, i don't mean anything personal against your administration of
this or any other list, a job that you know how to do better than most.
What worries me, is that having open archives, correct me if i am wrong
because i don't know much about lists and log ons is the fact that
having open archives

"means that people can follow what has been
happening if they want without joining a list,"

and do we want anybody to follow what has been happening, really? without us knowing at least by whom we are being surveilled?

Particularly in these times ... one may be pinpointed by the Met because of something written without having censorship in mind: anybody's political ideas may be misunderstood and used against themselves, or don't you think so and this is an ungrounded fear ?)

--

Please, never despise the translator. She is the mailman of human civilisation.
(Pushkin).