[matilda] Amendment to post 'Report from CommonPlace meeting'

Benjamin Major complexitybenjamin at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:50:33 BST 2005

Re the commonplace meeting,

To say the atomsphere at the meeting was one of 'sadness and dejection' as I
said is to make it sound as though things were all doom and gloom. This does
not adequately express the feel of the day in retrospect. It was not
sadness, but rather an unhappy, underlying apprehension of feeling that
something you've put lots of hours and lots of energy into, is on the cusp
of dissapearing.

We oursevles are oscillating between extreme excitment about what we can do
with 111 Matilda Street, and the knowing that it is set upon an unfirm
grounding. But we must continue to go on with the belief that we can persist
against odds, and with the belief that Matilda is better for the CIQ then
anything those developers can surely throw at us, which I believe, if we get
it right, it will indeed be.