[matilda] Fwd: CALL FOR PARTICIPANTSŠ.John Jordan Workshop: Creative Resistanc es]

fabian fab at in-no.org
Tue Aug 16 09:52:47 BST 2005

Hi there, just to our art-activism people...
an interessting workshop offer

F.

> [...]
>research and as a result of this profile, and of
>the University's ongoing work with issues of
>social inclusion and Human Rights, Queen Mary in
>association the Live Art Development Agency has
>been selected to host the 12th Performance
>Studies International Conference.  PSi#12:
>Performing Rights will take place in London from
>June 14 to 18 2006 and will be a gathering of
>artists, activists and academics who are making
>and researching performance that declares its
>interest and intent within the field of Human
>Rights.
>
>For PSi#12 East End Collaborations will produce
>Performing Rights, a programme of events that
>will attempt to create a context in which to
>present work engaging with issues of Human
>Rights, to create work investing in issues of
>Human Rights and to equip artists and activists
>to tackle issues of Human Rights.
>
>As part of the development of Performing Rights,
>East End Collaborations have initiated a number
>of projects in 2005 to create a context to
>consider questions of performance, activism and
>Human Rights and to resource artists engaging
>with these issues in their practice, including,
>Creative Resistances a weekend workshop with
>John Jordan.
>

>The Workshop Participants
>The Creative Resistances workshop is aimed at 25
>participants who will be selected through an
>open application process.
>
>Participants must have a declared interest in
>issues of art and activism, and direct
>experience of working with Live Art or Creative
>resistance and related experimental performance
>practices.
>
>The workshop is particularly aimed at
>artists/activists who are at an early stage of
>their artistic and professional development.
>
>Participants must be able to commit themselves to both days in full.
>
>The cost of the Creative Resistances workshop is £10 per person in total.
>

>The Application Process
>To apply to take part in Creative Resistances
>please send a short statement about the nature
>of your practice, why you would like to
>participate in the workshop, what you think you
>can bring to the workshop, and how you think the
>workshop will contribute to your practice.
>
>Please include your full contact details
>including your postal address, landline and
>mobile numbers and email address.
>
>Your statement should be emailed to:
>Rose Sharp
>Creative Resistances /East End Collaborations
>R.Sharp at qmul.ac.uk <mailto:R.Sharp at qmul.ac.uk>
>
>Or posted to:
>Rose Sharp
>Creative Resistances /East End Collaborations
>Room 4.01 @ The People's Palace
>School of English & Drama
>Queen Mary, University of London
>Mile End Road
>London E1 4NS
>
>by 30 August 2005 at the latest.
>
>Participants will be notified about whether they have a place by 3
September.

>The Organiser
>John Jordan, spends his time trying to find a
>space where the imagination of art and the
>social engagement of politics can be brought
>together. For 10 years he was a co-director of
>Platform, the London based art and social
>science group. Since 1994 he has worked in the
>direct action movements, principally with
>Reclaim the Streets (1995-2001). He co-edited
>"We Are Everywhere: The irresistible rise of
>global anticapitalism" Notes From Nowhere
>(eds.), Verso, London/New York, 2003 and, in
>2005 developed a new Live Art touring project
>the "Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination".
>Last year he co-founded  "The Clandestine
>Insurgent Rebel Clown Army" which merges civil
>disobedience with clowning, and was a key part
>of the mobilisations against the G8 summit in
>July this year.
>
>Further details
>East End Collaborations 2005 aims to respond to
>the professional development needs of artists
>who are at an early stage of their practice by
>providing opportunities to showcase their work
>through the open submissions EEC Platform (17
>and 18 September), and to access information,
>advice and expertise through the training day
>Everything You Wanted To Know About Live Art But
>Were Afraid To Ask (1 October).
>
>For information or bookings for East End Collaborations 2005 contact:
Rose Sharp
>East End Collaborations
>Room 4.01 @ The People's Palace
>School of English & Drama
>Queen Mary, University of London
>Mile End Road
>London E1 4NS
>
>Telephone:  0207 882 5196
>Email: R.Sharp at qmul.ac.uk <mailto:R.Sharp at qmul.ac.uk>
>
>For more information about PSi#12: Performing
>Rights visit www.psi12.qmul.ac.uk
><http://www.psi12.qmul.ac.uk/>
>
>East End Collaborations 2005 is financially assisted by Arts Council
England.

--

WE ARE EVERYWHERE: THE IRRESISTIBLE RISE OF GLOBAL ANTICAPITALISM

edited by : Notes from Nowhere
published by VERSO and available in most bookshops and online

"This is the first book to truly capture and embody the exuberant
creativity and radical intellect of the protest movements" Naomi Klein

"an authentic document of revolution" The Times

www.weareeverywhere.org

--
_:/^/<>