[matilda] keys and maggots

Benjamin Major complexitybenjamin at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:28:19 BST 2005

What are the security implications for a key-pad system with a code that
changes regularly? Is this a very expensive undertaking?

The Commonplace have exactly the same problem with keys, you know, and even
after six months haven't solved it. But at the meeting on Sunday I remember
this was brought up as a future possibility. A visting person (like myself)
from a collective over in the States was going on about how easy they find
it using a an electronic key-pad system.

But as far as keys go: Gav's understanding seems about right. Though I don't
understand how if you are outside wanting to get in how a signing-out book
inside the building can help you then? Am I just been very stupid?