[matilda] Violence on saturday night

Reka Takacs shahneezathome at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:35:22 GMT 2005

I have read what Mozaz has written about the violence that erupted last
night.  It is not an accurate account.  He did not witness what happened.
To put the record straight the following is a statement of the facts as Eric
and I recall them.

Eric's and my accounts are as follows:  Eric was talking quietly to Helen.
Joe leant across the table and hit him round the head - it came totally out
of the blue.  Eric then laughed at him and stuck his finger up at him.  Joe
then came round the table trying to hit him again - people tried to stop
him.  Eric was told by the lad with the piercings and the baseball hat to go
up stairs and stay out of Joe's way.  Which he did.  Right after this Eric
was talking to Dougald on the gantry - Gavin came up and said - "stay out of
his way and leave him alone - because you laughed at him you are provoking
him".  Joe came round the corner and Eric said "See he's following me".  Joe
then hit Eric around the head three times.  Dougald said "I think you'd
better leave because he is not going to leave you alone".  Eric left.

I was in the downstairs meeting room,  a bit drunk.  I was exchanging verbal
comments with Joe and his friend, a woman I don't know and have never seen
before.  The woman demanded I leave, grabbed me by the arm and forcibly
tried to remove me.  I disengaged myself from her, walked to the other side
of the room and sat down.  She followed and continued reasserting her demand
that I leave.  Next thing I recall is that she is physically assaulting me,
follwed by Joe, seconds later, who hit me in the mouth.  Someone i don't
know removed my glasses in the fracas.  At this point the assault stops.  At
some point during the assault I did grab the woman by the hair - but after
she had assaulted me.  I found Joe's behaviour very threatening and the
expression of violence on his face was also very intimidating.

After this there was a stand off where the woman was accusing me of hitting
her first - which was absolutely not true.  Joe and the woman then went
upstairs.  At this point Helen arrived and we talked for about 45
minutes/one hour. I asked where Eric was and Helen said he'd left but did
not tell me what had happened to him that evening. I was then escorted by
Helen to the gantry door and left.