[matilda] SWP gone green:, genuine or genuine disaster?

dan thomas audiotino at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 00:58:17 GMT 2005

Hope people don't mind me posting this, but it's
important

SWP gone green:, genuine or genuine disaster?

Many people have commented on the size of the very
important Climate Change demo, it was apparently the
largest CC demo ever. However, perusing the pictures
on indymedia it is clear that there were numerous
members of SWP/Respect on the demo which added
considerably to the turnout, and it was heavily
publicized on their website and other publications. It
was also heavily flyered by them in the regions.
However, all this was done late and if it had been
publicized better it would have been twice as big,
even without them. I wonder if this is a genuine
concern for environmental or just another trawl for
new recruits, (how long before an eco-front)

However, either way, I think it matters:  to me, the
danger is if the SWP get involved it(the env
movement)will see a massive increase in dynamism and
energy, unfortunately that will be temporary and in
the long term will be disasterous for the
environmental movement. One only has to look at the
shell that is the STWC to see the effects on what was
once was a vibrant and diverse movement.

The issue of global warming/climate change it a
momentous one, they will never be forgiven of they
destroy the EM*

Its interesting to note the Green Party largely
marched as a bloc for the first time, maybe they
didn’t want to be associated with the SWP.

audio