[matilda] 1. Forum 2. Green

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Sun Dec 4 10:06:54 GMT 2005

1. How far did we get on thinking about a MATILDA forum?  There's a lot of
things to discuss: if we can get that going, this list could be entirely
moderated and used for information only. (I can offer to help with
moderation!)

I can't make Thursdays much these days, but could help with a forum
elsewhere...

2. On greeniness: well, we could go the other way - like Zak Goldsmith, editor
of the Ecologist - and join the Tory party!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1656656,00.html

"For the last couple of years," he says, "I have been thinking a lot about
getting involved in politics." Why not the Green party? "It's not really a
serious party. I don't understand them - all this stuff about revolving
leaders, some of whom are very talented and others who aren't."
Temperamentally, too, this bon viveur is insufficiently ascetic for the Greens.
"I hate that kind of green politics that suggests people ought to live like
monks. There is a problem with the green movement berating people it needs to
have on side. If you live in a system of rampant consumerism, it's pointless to
be continually blamed when you can't really do otherwise."

:)