[matilda] 1. Forum 2. Green

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 12:17:19 GMT 2005

dan> 1. How far did we get on thinking about a MATILDA forum?

The forum is up and working and linked to the main site. I just tried
it. It seems cool, quick and easy to use.

dan>   There's a lot of
dan> things to discuss: if we can get that going, this list could be entirely
dan> moderated and used for information only. (I can offer to help with
dan> moderation!)

There is already an announcements list. And this list IS information
only - that's all computers can handle unfortuntely. One day maybe
technology will improve and we'll be able to flick ink pellets in real
time at one another via this list. How cool would that be?

Bear in mind that the forum will be more public than this list. Its on
the main web site menu and more user friendly than seaching through
the archives of this list. So I think hate mail etc. is best kept for
here rather than the forums.

If you want to help Chris moderate 0742 ... the more moderators the
better I say. Good effort volunteering. I think being a moderator is
the cyberspace equivalent of cleaning the toilets. :) Thanks to Chris
for the work so far and seems a shame some people are giving him flak
over it.

I'm also happy to see the poll working. I was interested to notice the
results so far. Not what I'd expected.

cheers

steve