[matilda] SWP gone green:, genuine or genuine disaster?

dan thomas audiotino at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 14:45:51 GMT 2005

hi,
i won't post too much on this, maybe one fior the
newforums,
but a reply to the issue on Urban75 (register to
view)is revealing and illuminating, and remeber tey no
self-awareness of the comtempt manyhave for them or
their destructive tendencies.

audio

btw, wot about the heaters!

'The level of fear in the genuine broad mobalisation
SWP activity is bringing to the green movement (or did
bring on Saturday) is of note for two main reasons.

1) Like anti-deportation campaigning, the green
movement is one of the last areas dominated by the
activist ghetto.
2)Some activists are terrrified by what a flood of
ordinary folk would do to their "green cvommunity."

All major campaigns at the moment have the potential
to enjoy a massive amount of public support. The only
successful way of mobalising/engaging that support so
far has been through the united front model and SWP
activity. If those in the green movement wants to
maintain their influence (and I'm sure that I speak
for all those in the SWP when I say I have no interest
in "taking" it off them) then they need to find a
method of mobalising numbers off the back of their own
activity.

If they don't then they have only themselves to blame
when groups like the SWP with a higher level of
activity, better implantation in communities start
bringing more people then them to
demonstrations/actions etc. The SWP were undoubtably
responsible for a significant part of the increased
turn out. We brought 70 people from Manchester Uni for
example alongside activists from respect and 3rd eye
at a weeks notice. Could those in the green movement
pull off similar mobalisations? If not why not..'

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142416&page=2