[matilda] 'We want our buses back'' lobby: wed 12-2.00pm t/hall

dan thomas audiotino at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:38:29 GMT 2005

hi,
There is a protest/lobby at the T/hall tommorrow, its
the full council meeting and it could have quite an
impact.

btw, i would like to know how open WWOBB is and if it
is democratic/inclusive, and not any kind of front

audiotino

fwd

'We want our buses back'' lobby:  wed 12-2.00pm t/hall

This is an update from WWOBB...

The protest march against First’s fare rises held on
Saturday 19th November was a big success with around
300 people on the demonstration which received a
supportive response from the public. We now have a
membership, email and address list of over 100.

Following that on Monday 21st, Calvin, representing
WWOBB, appeared on the Radio Sheffield debate about
the future of Sheffield’s buses, and was supported by
several members of the studio audience.

The next protest is a Lobby of the Sheffield city
council meeting on Wednesday 7th December. The lobby
will be held outside the Town Hall from 12md-2pm with
a stall, leaflets and petitions, banner and placards,
and megaphone. At the council meeting, WWOBB will
present another 3000+ signatures calling for the
council to take action over re-regulation and
re-nationalisation, and will get the opportunity to
speak for a few minutes. WWOBB supporters should be
able to sit in the public gallery to support our
speaker. I hope you will be able to attend part or all
of the lobby. The leaflet is attached if you want to
print some off, or contact us for more.

As part of the build up to the lobby, WWOBB
campaigners will be collecting more signatures and
conducting a public ballot in the city centre on
Saturday 3rd December from 12-3pm outside the Town
Hall. We’re hoping to run several stalls to collect up
to 1000 votes in our ballot on the future of Sheffield
bus services (ie keep de-regulation, or re-regulate,
and/or return to public ownership?). We’ll take the
results of these to the council meeting on Wednesday
as well as to the press and media to get more
coverage. Again any help would be appreciated.

Hope to see you on Saturday and the 7th,

steve