[matilda] Re:Re:crime and punishment

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 01:19:46 GMT 2005

Amparo> When this exchange of paragraphs comes after previous text labelling
Amparo> latest violent incidents at Matilda as "personal issues", this sounds
Amparo> odd. There seems to be a contradiction here, perhaps due to lack of
Amparo> information.

Yeah I hadn't realised how serious it was. Someone had their hair
pulled and someone got hit in the foot. If this is such a big deal I
think it highlights what sheltered lives some people must lead.

Amparo> If they were personal issues (which they weren't), they
Amparo> were enacted at Matilda, therefore they became public and the
Amparo> community's problem and concern.

This is from someone who only a few weeks ago was complaining about
too much bureaucracy in Matilda. It's hard to take anything you say as
serious when you come out with such divergent statements.

Amparo>  Remember whatever we do in the space has a political meaning
Amparo> (due to the framework).

Sorry my memory is not that good and I have no idea what you are
talking about.

Amparo> They shouldn't have been tackled inside the building: if
Amparo> someone feels the need to hit someone else in the foot or
Amparo> other places of their bodies, please do it outside. If it
Amparo> happens inside, it sets a precedent or requires this kind of
Amparo> "authority" measures that some persons dislike. I understand
Amparo> their point. But i've seen similar projects cracking and
Amparo> collapsing due to violence (usually induced by alcohol): let's
Amparo> go to Matilda to have a fight. They are fringe and
Amparo> over-tolerant...

This has to be sarcastic right?

steve